The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE INTIMATE, PERSONAL DETAILS WHEN EMAILING THROUGH THIS FORUM, JUST GENERAL INFORMATION, SUCH AS NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION.
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
- When a potential client meets with clinician, Policy and Procedure information is given, that outlines this information in greater depth, and will be discussed during the initial interview.